- Booking Terms. These Booking Terms apply to Mayfield Hotel, our officers, employees and agents and the person or legal entity making the Booking or to whom We supply services in respect of the Booking. These Booking Terms are governed by English law and apply to all Bookings except where We agree in writing other terms. By making a Booking You are deemed to accept these Booking Terms.
- Bookings. Bookings are made and a contract between You and Us comes into effect when We accept a reservation from You. We will accept a reservation when We have confirmed Your reservation and received full payment of the total price quoted from You. You must be able to enter into a legally binding contract and be over 18yrs to make a Booking. Bookings must be paid for using an acceptable and valid credit or debit card. When a Booking is confirmed, a reservation number is given. This number must be retained for access to the Booking details if cancellation or amendment is necessary.
- Group Bookings. Bookings of more than 2 rooms are considered a group booking and may not be booked online. These bookings must be negotiated via our Group Bookings Department on 0044-1202-551839.
- Payments. AMEX Payments will require a 10% surcharge. We do not accept cash or payments made by a third party. Full payment must be made prior to arrival and any outstanding balance will be collected automatically 12-72 hours prior to arrival. All bookings that involve more than 2 rooms must be fully paid 2 weeks in advance.
- Booking Confirmations. All guests staying at Mayfield Hotel are kindly requested to acknowledge, by return of an email, that they have read, understood and agree to our terms and conditions of stay as expressed in this document.
- Check-in Procedure. On arrival guests are required to present a copy of their booking email together with any credit or debit card used to place the booking. This credit or debit card will also be used as a bond, which you must agree to, for security on the room in the event of any damage. Guests outside the European Union should also be prepared to present their passport.
- Short Notice. For accommodation within 24 hours of arrival, please contact Mayfield Hotel on 01202 551839 for bookings to ensure availability.
- Late Arrivals. We would appreciate a call to indicate your arrival time if arriving after 6pm.
- Prices. All published
rates include VAT where applicable
(and local taxes) at the current rate. Rates are per room per night. If
You have selected supplements they will be added to the total price of
the Booking. Rates do not include other costs you may choose to incur
during Your stay (unless otherwise stated). Rates quoted are correct
only for the specific number of guests, nights and dates shown. Should
You change the number of guests, dates or room nights, then the rates
are subject to change.
Hotel Company Name Bournemouth Hostel Ltd Company Registration Number 07211978
VAT Registration Number
- Availability. In the rare case that due to unforeseen circumstances we cannot deliver Your requested accommodation, You will be offered alternate acommodation or a full refund.
- Arrival and departure. Check-in is from 14:00 to 22:00 (GMT). Check-in times outside of those specified must be confirmed with Us prior to arrival. Check-out is at 11:00 (GMT). Prior to departure, it is the responsibility of the guest to coordinate a checkout with one of the Guest house staff. This involves settling outstanding bills, handing back room and house keys and reporting any damage to the room.
- Conditions of stay. We have some standard rules that are designed to ensure that we comply with regulations relating to matters such as fire, health and safety, and to enhance the comfort and wellbeing of all our guests. If you would like to check our conditions of stay please contact us. Some of the rules include:
- Smoking is not permitted in the guest house, including on the balconies or out the window.
- For fire and health and safety reasons, leaving children under the age of 16 unaccompanied in the guest house or guest house bedroom is not permitted under any circumstances whatsoever.
- The Guest House has a no noise policy after 11p.m. and before 8a.m. Although the Guest house does not have a curfew, it is not permitted to bring back uninvited guests or to party in the rooms in a way that is likely to disturb other guests after 11p.m. and before 8a.m.We reserve the right to terminate Your Booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where You engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to other guests.
- Liability. Other than for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or misrepresentation, Our total liability to You is limited to the price of the Booking and to the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties are excluded and in no circumstances will We be responsible for any indirect or special damages. We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond Our reasonable control. The Guest House also refers to and relies upon The Hotel Proprietors Act 1956. The Guest House does not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to motor cars or other vehicles of any kind, or any property lost in them; or horses or other live animals including pets. In particular, Guests park outside the Guest House at their own risk and are bound by the terms and conditions of their own motor car insurance policy and not the Guest houses Insurance policy.
- Damage. You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to Us or our Our property by Your act, omission, default or neglect and You agree to indemnify Us and to pay Us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss. Examples of charges made include: (a)Smoking in room; de-fumigation of room £100 (b)Failure to return keys; replace locks and keys £150 (c)Removal of Towels; £10 (d)Broken equipment such as TV, Fridge, shower or WC; £200 (e)Damaged linen; £50 (f)Tampering with fire alarm equipment such as smoke detectors or fire extinguishers £100
- Data protection. We may process the information You provide to Us for the purposes notified by Us to the Information Commissioner. By making a Booking, You consent to this processing of information
- Cancellations. Mayfield Hotel understands that due to unforeseen circumstance cancellations can happen. Refunds are permitted according to the following rules: (a) Refunds for Online Bookings made via a central reservation system involving a non-refundable deposit plus payment on arrival are fully chargeable if they are cancelled less than 14 days from arrival but not chargeable if greater than 14 days. In this situation deposits to reservation companies already paid are non-refundable. (b) Refunds for bookings taken over the phone that involve a cancellation later and have already been paid for are proportionally calculated according to how near the Cancellation Date took place to the Arrival Date taking into consideration how far away the Booking Date was from the cancellation. Thus if you cancel the same day you booked, almost a full refund would occur. If on the other hand you cancel near to the Arrival Date very little refund can be expected. The following formula would be applied to any monies requiring refunding: Refund = Booking value *((Cancel Date - Arrival Date)/(Booking Date - Arrival Date)) - transfer charges
Transfer charges are set at 10% of the total booking value and in order to fully benefit from a refund, all cancellations must be expressed in writing directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
The form below calculates your refund entitlement automatically (Enter dates using the following format: August 1, 2009)
Tel: +44 (0)1202 551839 Fax: +44 (0) 7005 810914 email@example.com